Friday, January 24, 2014

Stay tuned for Plan B

Well, unfortunately it seems that my daughter is not the one who takes the pediatrician's advice to heart and decides she is big enough to use the potty instead of asking for a diaper before going #2. Too bad. It would have been so cool if that's all it took.

     So, now onto plan B. Unfortunately, the suggested plan B was to take the dirtied diaper, and flush the contents into the toilet while letting my daughter watch and flush the toilet herself. This is all in an attempt to demystify the process, and get her to realize how normal and cool (to some) it is.

     We are going to try this. Well, I am going to try this; I'm not sure my husband is quite up for it. Although in all reality, I'm not sure I'm quite up for it either. Especially since at the moment her schedule is such that often she's asking for a diaper around dinnertime. This plan B stuff doesn't sound like something you really want to do on a full stomach.

     Come to think of it, I'm not sure I want to do it right before a meal either. So when I find a time that isn't right before or right after eating, then we'll try this. Hmm... in a house where everyone loves to eat, this might be tricky to schedule. Stay tuned, it might be a while before we do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment