Monday, January 27, 2014

Double it up

One great piece of advice that someone told me before having my first was - double it up! This was in reference to sheets on the crib (or bed, for that matter), and I agree. There is nothing worse than having some sort of accident in the middle of the night that requires a changing of the sheets. You are most likely already dealing with a mess, having to make a crib in addition just makes it worse.

     So, double it up. When making the crib in the first place, I put down a plastic waterproof mattress cover. I do this despite the fact that the mattress is waterproof itself. Why? Because I really don't want to have to scrub the mattress to get whatever spilled off of it. It's much easier to throw the waterproof mattress cover into the washing machine.

     Alright, so I have the waterproof sheet down. Then I put the pretty crib sheet over that. Now normally this would be the end of making the crib bed, right? Wrong! Next I put another waterproof mattress cover on, followed by a final sheet. So essentially, I have just made the crib mattress twice. Why?

     Because now whenever there needs to be a quick change of the sheets, all I have to do is.... pull one set of regular sheet and waterproof sheet off, and presto! The bed is still made underneath. For the middle of the night, this is an amazing time saver. And then I can go back the next day to add on the 2nd layer again, when I have more than a few brain cells firing and feel a little less like a zombie. I highly recommend this trick; you and your REM cycle will appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment