Friday, March 7, 2014

Please stand up

I have girls. And as we all know, girls don't stand up while using the potty. However, this is not something that they accept "just because." As soon as a little girl who is potty training learns that boys get to stand up, they want to try it. And boy is it a mess!

     Although frankly, it can be a mess even without standing up. I always thought that with girls there was never an issue about aim, and therefore it wasn't something I needed to think about. I was wrong. I have learned through countless wet pants and panties that girls need to practice aim as well. Who knew?

     Yes, even while sitting on the toilet, it is possible to miss the toilet bowl. So we have practiced lifting our knees and sitting up straight so we don't accidentally get our pants all wet even when we've made it to the potty on time. Thankfully it happens rarely anymore.

     And for those with boys, good luck! I haven't had to learn what to do yet, so I welcome any comments or suggestions to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment