Friday, March 28, 2014

Fast fingers

So my little baby is growing up and discovering the world. And with that comes some tricky situations... like diaper changes. Now the trick is to be quicker than she is.... ready, set, GO!

     I imagine this is the case for both boys and girls, but all I know is girls. If I'm wrong, let me know. With my girls, they hit and age where they try to grab and touch everything. This goes for their own body parts, too. We've all seen the little boys who constantly grab at themselves and know that it's just a stage everyone goes through. Well, even before that age, they eventually discover that there's stuff down there; even girls do it. And when it happens, it makes diaper changes tough.

     So now we've got a baby who just wants to walk around everywhere, which means diaper changes are unpleasant to begin with. She doesn't want to lie still and let me change the diaper. And NOW she's decided that if she has to be there, she might as well try to explore what's under the diaper as soon as I remove it. And she doesn't care, or realize, that she's getting in the way. Nor does she care if it's a dirty diaper; all the more to explore, right?

     So parents, this is normal. And it will probably mean that you get messy and end up cleaning both yourself and baby (especially baby fingers). Not to mention that diaper changes have now become a race. Who is faster? You or her fingers? Ready, set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment