Thursday, May 15, 2014

School's out for Summer!

Today is the last day of preschool before summer. Although as a child I always thought that the last day of school was such an exciting event, I find that I am definitely a parent now. The last day of school is a little bit terrifying. It means I will have both children with me for any errands, grocery store trips, doctor appointments, etc. It means every single day of the week with questions like, "Mom, where are we going today? What are we doing? Can I watch more TV?" as I scramble to come up with activities and also try to find 5 minutes peace (do you remember that book from our childhood? I finally get it now).

     And most of this week I had my grandmother here. I love my grandmother and it was a really huge treat to have her come visit and spend some time with the girls. But, having her here meant that my last week of school was dedicated to her and not to trying to accomplish an entire summer worth of errands and to-dos in a matter of days. 

     Alas, that means that the summer will actually have errands and grocery store runs and whatnot with both my kids in tow. Which already has me thinking, "how do mothers with more than 2 handle it?"

     It also has me very open and willing to start a rotating playgroup with any and all of my other preschooler moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment