Monday, May 12, 2014

Toilet seat

So, today this happened...

My baby was wandering the house, as normal, as I was getting things ready to head out the door. My grandmother is in town, so we were heading out to the toy store. So I was going through the exit routine, which includes going to the bathroom, packing the diaper bag, getting a bottle ready, etc... anyways, after a few moments I noticed that my baby wasn't underfoot - in fact, at that second I heard her cry out in a "I'm kinda stuck, or bored, or kinda want some attention" way. I want make certain that you understand this was NOT a cry of distress or pain.

     And off I went to investigate. Apparently I had lost her back at the bathroom stop on the exit routine. While I had continued on, she had stopped to investigate - normally this means the toilet paper roll. This time though, it meant the actual toilet.

     I found her sitting in the toilet - and I mean IN the toilet. She had climbed inside the toilet and was perched, kinda of squatting with her socks and shoes in the water in the bowl with her hands on the seat and her head peering out from under the lid (granted the lid was more like on her shoulders than the top of her head).

She has never done something like this before. NEVER even close!

     I was in such shock and heard that split second inner chastisement of "bad mommy!" so I quickly pulled the sopping wet child out of the toilet. Then I realized that I really should have taken a photo first. Because as soon as that inner voice was quiet, the laughter began. Absolutely hilarious. So this is a post-toilet seat adventure shot, and I promise that if there is a next time, I'll be sure to snap a quick photo before rescuing the adventurer from her watery predicament.

And thank goodness the toilet was clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment