Monday, May 5, 2014

Diapers over Ice Cream?

Sometimes the logic of a preschooler surpasses adult understanding. No, I am wrong - it seems almost ALWAYS the logic of a preschooler is beyond the comprehension of an adult or parent. Take this for an example...

     We have a running bribe (let's call it what it is, people) that if my preschooler goes poopoo in the potty, then we will all get in the car and head over to the ice cream shop for an ice cream cone. Seems like a pretty awesome incentive to me! However, she doesn't seem very swayed by it.

     In fact, as she was handing me a diaper last night, I reminded her that she could instead choose the potty over the diaper and we could all go get ice cream. She cocked her head to the side as if considering this proposition, and then stated, "nope, I don't like ice cream that much."

     Huh? She LOVES ice cream! I can't believe that the security blanket that is a diaper is so much stronger than having an ice cream cone complete with sprinkles on a warm spring evening. huh? I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment