Monday, June 2, 2014

Follow your imagination, wherever it may lead

I know it's been almost a month since I posted. I guess that since school is out, I forgot that I still was supposed to be blogging. Whoops. Sorry folks.

Anyways, I wanted to share this little story from last night. My preschooler was playing with duplos (that she calls "playgos") before bed as her "one last thing." And she built herself a little car; complete with a person riding on it. So off the car goes around the livingroom furniture on an adventure. And in her sing-songy voice, my daughter is singing, "they are going on an adventure! They are going through the tunnel, off to get ice cream! They are going to get ice cream because she went poopoo in the potty!"

And I think to myself, "is it a good thing or a bad thing that our potty bribes have made it into her imagination play?" Followed by, "now when is she going to follow the good example of her imaginary friends?"


If only, if only.

No comments:

Post a Comment