Monday, April 14, 2014

Doing the dance

Ok, can I just say that sometimes the "I have to go potty" dance is pretty hilarious. It seems to take different forms for different kids, and even evolves as they do. Currently my preschooler has a funny one.

     She first uses both hands to grab at her pants between her legs. Then she proceeds to hop from one foot to the other, but in a very exaggerated way. She bends her legs at the knee, and raises the opposite leg in the air almost a foot off the ground. Then dances to the other one. It's hilarious!

     And thankfully most of the time she starts the dance with enough buffer that I'm able to help her find a bathroom before we have a problem. I know, I'm lucky. I don't think all kids are as into giving advanced notice. Even today she cut it close and had to sprint inside to make it to the potty. It was kinda cute though, we heard a "phew! I made it!" from the bathroom. Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment