Friday, April 25, 2014

Bye bye bribes

So we've given up on the bribe method with my preschooler. She obviously could care less whether we hold out ice cream or Frozen or stickers as incentives to going #2 in the potty. It just doesn't seem to matter. She looks at me and says, "well, next time I'll use the potty, but I want a diaper now." Doh!

     And since we've been tired of waiting on ice cream, we went Saturday night. Yum. Ha. Then Sunday morning the Easter Bunny brought Frozen on DVD for my daughter. She was very excited - a little confused because she knew she hadn't earned it by going poopoo in the potty, but still excited. And we've watched it at least 5 times in the last 3 days.

     At some point it'll work. And I don't know yet if any of our attempts at different methods will help or hurt or have any affect whatsoever on the timing of when it'll happen. I'm just confident that I know zero adults or even teens who use diapers out of choice, so there is a day coming up sometime in the future where I won't be handed a diaper... at least from her. And about that time I'm sure we'll be starting the whole process over again with her little sister. 

Oh joy.

1 comment:

  1. Teton White Fennec - Teton Art Museum of the Earth
    Teton White Fennec is the trademark of titanium piercings the "The Teton" and was samsung watch 3 titanium released by a apple watch titanium vs aluminum pair of other artists. It was produced in the late '80s titanium dog teeth implants and early '90s burnt titanium

    ReplyDelete