Monday, February 17, 2014

Thar she blows!

I realize that on a blog all about potty training and diaper fun, this title might be a little concerning. But in actuality, I'm going to talk about baths more than diapers in this post. And the title comes from a new toy that I think is genius.

     For Christmas, somebody got the girls a new submarine for the bathtub. Now I apologize, because in the fun that my girls (aka my toddler) have in opening gifts, I'm not entirely sure if this was from my MIL or the girls' great grandmother. Either one, THANK YOU! It is a somewhat simple looking toy. A submarine that sports a handle so the girls can play with it and submerge it all over the bathtub.

     It also has an amazing trick. Notice the long flat opening at the front? Yes, well what the packaging didn't mention is that this is the best toy ever for helping to wash hair. Since my daughters share the hatred of dipping their heads back in the water, or letting me pour cups full of water over their heads, this has really come in handy over the past few weeks.

     Where I used to have to coerce them into lying back and washing out the shampoo, now I just have to say, "close your eyes, here comes the submarine!" Then with the ease of the handle, I scoop out a good amount of water and pour it out the front. Because of the shape of the hole, the water covers their heads and does a great job of washing away the suds very quickly. The baby only needs one submarine full (she doesn't have a lot of hair yet), and my toddler gets 2 or 3 if she moves around too much. 

     Overall, it's more fun and easier to manage. So now when an impromptu bath is needed (with those fun diaper troubles), or even just playtime in the tub, Mommy is no longer the badguy. I'm just the submarine captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment