Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's time to call it

Hi y'all,
     Well, I've been quiet on purpose for the last almost 2-weeks. And that's because I have big happy news, but didn't want to jinx it by announcing too early. But now that we are approaching the 2-week mark, I'm going to risk it.

     We haven't changed a poopy pull-up in almost 2 weeks!!! WOOHOO!! This is big stuff, people. BIG. And unfortunately I don't exactly know how it happened. We had been struggling as we always do, with the back and forth arguments about not using a pull-up and trying to use the potty instead. And then on a seemingly random Thursday, she just said, "ok, I'm going to use the potty." And this time she didn't follow it up an hour later with a dirty pull-up. It was amazing.

     And needless to say, we've had a fair share of ice cream, chocolate, and toys over the last 2 weeks. But now that it's gone on this long, I have to say that I can't imagine going back. Now we just have to deal with learning to wipe well. Oh the wiping... the WIPING!!! It seems she so much in a hurry to announce her great accomplishment that she runs out of the bathroom without wiping, and we've been dealing a bit with the aftermath. 

     But even that is better than the pull-ups. So once again, WOOHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment