Monday, July 21, 2014

No magic here

So the Magic Pull-up doesn't seem to be a successful next step for our preschooler. She sees right through our attempts, and the fact that she can wear a pull-up still doesn't matter. She is still very very concerned about the concept of her poop falling into the toilet.

     This makes me sad. I know so many other mothers who haven't had this issue, so I had to resort to googling on the interwebs for ideas. And unfortunately the advice is pretty similar to all potty-training advice: just wait it out. Yes, I realize that rarely does a kindergartner go to school with a pull-up on. This doesn't reassure me that much folks. I'm still knee-deep in diapers!

     But, we've had to ease off the Magic Pull-up for our sanity's sake this weekend. Perhaps I really do need to start having her watch as I attempt to flush the contents of her pull-up (vs just wrapping it up and putting it in the diaper pail). Maybe she'll clue in... perhaps before she turns 4? One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment